Protan (UK) Ltd only supplies its membranes and components to approved partner roofing contractors who employ Protan-approved installers.
In order to become Protan-approved, operatives who work for current and new partner roofing contractors must pass the Protan Applicator Training Course. The course is taught by Protan’s Technical Services Managers in the workshop at Protan’s Head Office in Warrington, Cheshire.
They take place once per month (subject to availability and demand) and last for three days from Wednesday to Friday.
- Introduction to Protan
- Membrane types; systems;storage requirements
- Fixings and adhesives applications
- Tooling and power requirements
- Welding techniques
- Internal and external corner detailing modules
- Complete day 1 modules
- Pipe detail modules
- Wind load calculation requirement
- Understanding the Protan Material Proposal
- Vacuum roof installation
- Prefabricated membrane installation
- Run through questionnaire
- All operatives work together to complete roof mock-up module
- Questionnaire to be completed
- Final assessment
- Approved installer cards and certificates issued
For more information, please contact Protan UK.