Protan GT Membrane
A visible terrace membrane designed for exposed terraces and balconies where an aesthetic, strong, durable and safe surface for pedestrian traffic is required. The system is well suited where there are low door steps that require low profile solutions and low weight and where there is a desire for easy cleaning.
Protan GT membrane is 2.4 mm thick.
Standard roll length:
Dark grey F94
Light grey F91
Protan Terrace GT satisfies fire classification BROOF (t2) concerning spread of flames according to EN 13501-5 on non-combustible underlay with high density (i.e. min.680 kg/m³) as e.g. in concrete or calcium silicate plates.
FIRE TESTING REQUIREMENTS FOR FITTING EXPOSED ROOFS ON A BUILDING.
ABOUT THE RULES FOR FIRE RATINGS OF ROOF MEMBRANES IN EUROPE:
Airborne fire tests of roof membranes for rating in Europe are carried out according to the test methods prEN*)1187. This is divided into four parts:
- prEN1187 part 1, known as the German fire test
- prEN1187 part 2, known as the Nordic fire test
- prEN1187 part 3, known as the French fire test
- prEN1187 part 4, known as the British fire test
*) prEN, where 'pr' means 'Preliminary', E-European and N-Norm. Alternatively, 'ENV' is also used, where 'V' stands for “Vornorm”.
It is up to the authorities of a country to decide which of the four parts/methods will be accepted. After satisfactory testing, the roof membrane can be classified in accordance with EN13501-5 for the applicable surface it was tested on and receives the classification:
- BROOF(t1) in accordance with EN13501-5 and ENV 1187 part 1,
- BROOF(t2) in accordance with EN13501-5 and ENV 1187 part 2,
- BROOF(t3) in accordance with EN13501-5 and ENV 1187 part 3, or
- BROOF(t4) in accordance with EN13501-5 and ENV 1187 part 4,
Contact Protan for an overview of all relevant fire classifications.
We have solutions for BROOF(t1),BROOF(t2), BROOF(t3) and BROOF(t4) classifications for most relevant surfaces.